At Khemka & Choudhary, we represent clients in employment law claims in Houston and the surrounding areas. It is important to select an experienced Texas employment lawyer or discrimination attorney to ensure that your case is handled properly for the best outcome possible. We have represented clients for nearly two decades, including many with employment law related matters.
Employment law claims can be pursued under a number of statutes, depending on the specific circumstances. Some of these statutes are discussed below.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits, under certain circumstances, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, color, and national origin.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits, under certain circumstances, discriminating against employees 40 or older, based on their age.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits, under certain circumstances, discriminating against a person because of a disability or a perceived disability. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, a person with a disability has the right to request a reasonable accommodation.
- The Family and Medical Leave Act allows, under certain circumstances, employees to take twelve weeks of unpaid medical leave and to get their job back at the end of the medical leave.
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act prohibits, under certain circumstances, discriminating against an employee because of her pregnancy.
- The Equal Pay Act prohibits, under certain circumstances, paying men and women different wages for the same jobs.
- The Fair Labor Standards Act requires employers, under certain circumstances, to pay overtime compensation and the minimum wage.
When pursuing an employment law claim in Texas, it is helpful to have an attorney who is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Our law firm has represented numerous clients in a wide variety of discrimination and employment law situations.
If you are suffering due to discrimination in the workplace or need help with a non-compete agreement, we can help. The first step is to speak with an attorney and get the advice and guidance you need to move forward. Call our office today at 281-888-7074 to schedule a consultation to discuss your case with a Houston employment lawyer.